A whitening product that whitens caps, veneer fillings or dentures - Teeth Whitening Message Board & Forums

You are Here: Home / Message Board / General Discussion › A whitening product that whitens caps, veneer fillings or dentures

A whitening product that whitens caps, veneer fillings or dentures

You are not logged in to add a reply.

Pages: 1  

#1 2008-01-02 18:30:16

Naomi

A whitening product that whitens caps, veneer fillings or dentures

Hi, i tried Crest white strips and they didn't whiten my teeth completely because i have some teeth work(fillings, dentures, and other). Can you recommend some other brand or product that can do really whitening?

#2 2008-01-20 21:57:42

James
Administrator

Re: A whitening product that whitens caps, veneer fillings or dentures

crest white strips will not work on areas that have filling, veneers/crowns, or dentures. You can get your dentures "whitened" by having it repolished at your dentist office.

teeth whitening products sold over-the-counter will not work on area that are not natural enamel.

#3 2008-10-10 09:18:37

ariesdream

Actually there is only one product that actually does work on these... Supersmile.

Having had a great deal of work done over the years - I wanted something that actually might make an impression. My dentist gave me a sample of this and it lasted me a week or so. I was hooked after that. My caps were whiter and my fiance's bonding was brightening.

I dont know if its the flouride / bleaching combination or what, however it actually whitened the dental work and the natural teeth.

I recommend Supersmile highly ... or at least email them asking for a sample... I think you'll agree in no time.

-AriesDream

#4 2011-02-02 14:25:08

JaxynsMom

Composite materials accumulate staining just like your teeth do, so whitening gels absolutley will work on veneers, crowns, etc.  They will not however, take them past the original color they were made.  I used to work for a dental products distributor in Canada and we sold many natural products that worked well with composite materials - so thinking you can't remove staining from them is false.  Just make sure you are using products that are safe with all natural ingredients.  Strips have too many preservatives and are harmful to your natural enamel.

#5 2011-02-18 12:26:40

gordon

hey all

i'm usually very skeptical about new products. been scammed a lot in my day.

but recently i bought this new book called"Secrets of teeth whitening" and let me tell you - it is awesome. only 18$ but worth every dime.

should def check it out

#6 2011-03-10 16:30:57

solbergjm
Website

JaxynsMom wrote:

Composite materials accumulate staining just like your teeth do, so whitening gels absolutley will work on veneers, crowns, etc.  They will not however, take them past the original color they were made.  I used to work for a dental products distributor in Canada and we sold many natural products that worked well with composite materials - so thinking you can't remove staining from them is false.  Just make sure you are using products that are safe with all natural ingredients.  Strips have too many preservatives and are harmful to your natural enamel.

The only issue here is that a good dentist will match your dental work to your current shade of white.  So your dental work will be limited to that shade when you whiten them.

That's kind of a catch-22 because they recommend that you fix any dental issues prior to whitening your teeth.  You might be able to mention your whitening plans to your dentist if any repair work needs to be done.

John

#7 2011-07-02 21:59:46

Joanne

how does spray white 90 work on crowns & bridges. i'm concerned about chemical reaction to the adhesivness of my bridge...when i started using an electric toothbrush, the vibration loosened my bridge...i don't want to spend $ on something that i have to go back to my dentist & spend more $ to fix...again!

#8 2011-10-07 15:57:38

diansand

I think they will work just to the point that they were when you got them.  In other words if they have gotten stained like your natural teeth then the whitening products will restore them to that point.  So it's a good idea to get your teeth whitened before getting any crowns or veneers etc... : )

#9 2011-10-24 17:20:16

LeoArteta

From my personal experience I strongly recommend You to visit Dr. Monica. Two years ago, I got a zoom whitening treatment at her office in Tarzana, CA. I am so happy because I was impress with my new smile. If You want to get the same results as me You can check her webpage:  Actually she has great offers. big_smile

Last edited by LeoArteta (2011-10-24 17:26:36)

Pages: 1  
Index » General Discussion » A whitening product that whitens caps, veneer fillings or dentures

Board footer

Home    Reviews/Ratings    Simulator    Articles    FAQ    Message Board    Advisory Board    About/Contact
© 2010 TeethWhiteningReviews.com. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.