My Opinion On Crest White Strips - Teeth Whitening Message Board & Forums

You are Here: Home / Message Board / Over-the-Counter Whitening › My Opinion On Crest White Strips

My Opinion On Crest White Strips

You are not logged in to add a reply.

Pages: 1  

#1 2008-08-23 11:21:09

Elven

My Opinion On Crest White Strips

If you maintain good dental care on a regular basis these will make a difference in the color of your teeth. No its not like a movie star white, but it will make them a couple shades whiter than they were. They do not work so well on teeth that have been damaged due to antibiotics.

For the price they are worth it to see if they do what your looking for before going to a dentist or mall treatment center.

#2 2008-08-25 23:18:40

Jessica

Re: My Opinion On Crest White Strips

The problem with white strips like those sold by Crest is that they whiten the front teeth only. When you have a wide grin or you laugh heartily the back teeth shows that they are not the same shade as your front teeth. They are also difficult to apply and keep on its place. Maybe a better alternative is tray based whitening systems.

#3 2008-08-28 01:48:04

Howard

The problem with white strips is that they assume that your teeth will be completely flat. They do not get to the grooves of your teeth and result in sloppy whitening that looks funny. The grooves that the strips can not reach become more pronounced if the teeth get whiter. White teeth with yellowing or gray grooves looks definitely much worse.

#4 2008-08-28 04:31:56

Dan

Whitening toothpastes is a convenient alternative to these chemical laden treatments that will hurt your teeth and gums. Everybody says they are a scam and do not whiten teeth but I notice my teeth getting brighter. Maybe they will not work on darker stains but I use Ultra Brite Advanced Whitening and they work just as advertised.

#5 2008-08-28 05:38:07

marjorie

I think a tray based whitening system is better than white strips like Crest as they provide more uniform whitening than strips. If you can afford it, custom molded trays from dental offices are best because they result in less contact with gums and therefore you can avoid gum irritation.

#6 2008-08-28 20:33:04

Jessica

You should try Listerine Whitening Quick Dissolving Strips. They do not whiten teeth as good as Crest White Strips but are very convenient and easy to use. You just put them on your teeth and they dissolve. They also cost much cheaper than Crest White strips.

#7 2008-08-28 21:05:52

marjorie

In case you can not afford in office whitening or custom molded trays, the best over the counter whitening I have used is Aquafresh White Trays. They provide really effective whitening when used for 45 minutes a day for a week. However, the trays are sometimes uncomfortable and messy too.

#8 2008-08-29 03:16:36

josie

I think over the counter whitening like Crest White Strips are very effective. They provide the same whitening effect of tray based system without the bulkiness and inconveniences of belaching trays.

#9 2008-08-29 03:20:19

josie

josie wrote:

I think over the counter whitening like Crest White Strips are very effective. They provide the same whitening effect of tray based system without the bulkiness and inconveniences of belaching trays.

I forgot to add that in response to criticism on white strips that they whiten only the front teeth, I think it is the only part of teeth you want to whiten. Nobody except maybe your dentist will inspect the back teeth if they are uniformly white.

#10 2008-08-29 03:48:45

James
Administrator

josie wrote:

josie wrote:

I forgot to add that in response to criticism on white strips that they whiten only the front teeth, I think it is the only part of teeth you want to whiten. Nobody except maybe your dentist will inspect the back teeth if they are uniformly white.

Not true. Some people have really wide arch smiles (they show all their teeth). Julia Roberts and Jessica Alba are wide arch smile examples. If they don't whiten their back teeth, it will look funny when they smile.

Having said that, In an natural smile, the front 4 teeth should be whiter than the canines and back molars by 1-2 shades, so it is okay if it does not match exactly.

#11 2008-09-17 13:38:37

healthygrego

I agree with the posts about the crest whitening strips not being able to reach the back teeth. I've used them a couple of times in the past and it does whiten the teeth but it is not a full whitening.

#12 2009-09-24 21:52:58

scuffymagee

Author: scuffymagee

ey everyone. I was hesitant to purchase these strips because of all these horror stories about gum irritation, but quite simply, those of you who had gum irritation are not using the product correctly. Here are some ways to ensure you don't get gum pain:

1) when you soak the mouthpiece, be sure the water is hot enough to allow the mouthpiece to form well to your teeth

2) when forming the mouthpiece to your teeth, adjust it in such a way that the top part of the plastic is not very far up on the gum line

3) to prevent contact of the gel to the gums, use toilet paper! this sounds odd, but apply some toilet paper to the gums, covering as much as possible without covering the teeth. this also helps by drying up the gums so there's less saliva and the mouthpiece stays put better.

4) when you apply the gel, be sure there's none that's leaked out on the bottom of the mouthpiece that could burn the roof of the mouth or tongue

5) don't use the entire tube of gel for a session! doing so increases the likelihood that the gel will seep out and contact the gums.

6) we all want this whitening to be easy, but if you're serious about getting whiter teeth, sit still and close your mouth for the entire whitening time. moving around/constantly readjusting only makes things worse.

7) if you're worried still about causing irritation, don't do them all at once. space them out over the course of several days. after all, they aren't very expensive so worse case scenario you just buy more!

i hope this helps!

#13 2009-12-04 19:23:58

cariball
Website

I have had good luck with Crest whitestrips, although of I had the money I would probably like to see a professional for full whitening. My only problem was some sensitivity, but that cleared up once I stopped using the strips.

#14 2011-05-08 07:00:37

juliamontern

I think the best to use are teeth whitening with a tray and gell. In this way the surface of your teeth get covered so no spots after bleeching. I am using Whitelight

#15 2011-06-27 01:57:36

Dr. Shainhouse

With the concerns of sensitivity with teeth whitening systems and complaints from my patients, i created a system which is more gentle in its approached. Love That White smile utilizes a dual cleaning and whitening FOAM.  If any one has any questions on teeth whitening i would be glad to comment.

#16 2012-04-03 20:27:09

momwow

I've tried the Crest Whitening myself, and my whole family uses them.  Each of us got a different effect.  My son's was the most noticable.  A very close friend recommneded this for me, which was a great idea because it is more cost effective than purchasing from a store.... so try it

#17 2012-09-01 02:51:04

robertfoster
Banned

I tried them, and for the cost... I would just do what the dentis suggests, which is custom fit trays with the right trays. i got mine at join there facebook thing, or just click the like button on there site, and they have giveaways, about the crest strips, a box is about $50.00 for a few bucks more, you can get the trays and the gel, all in one.. its a no brainer.. It worked for me... just my 2 cents  lol smile good luck

Pages: 1  
Index » Over-the-Counter Whitening » My Opinion On Crest White Strips

Board footer

Home    Reviews/Ratings    Simulator    Articles    FAQ    Message Board    Advisory Board    About/Contact
© 2010 TeethWhiteningReviews.com. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.