HOW TO PREVENT GUM IRRITATION - Teeth Whitening Message Board & Forums

You are Here: Home / Message Board / Over-the-Counter Whitening › HOW TO PREVENT GUM IRRITATION

HOW TO PREVENT GUM IRRITATION

You are not logged in to add a reply.

Pages: 1  

#1 2009-09-24 21:48:46

scuffymagee

HOW TO PREVENT GUM IRRITATION

Hey everyone. I was hesitant to purchase these strips because of all these horror stories about gum irritation, but quite simply, those of you who had gum irritation are not using the product correctly. Here are some ways to ensure you don't get gum pain:

1) when you soak the mouthpiece, be sure the water is hot enough to allow the mouthpiece to form well to your teeth

2) when forming the mouthpiece to your teeth, adjust it in such a way that the top part of the plastic is not very far up on the gum line

3) to prevent contact of the gel to the gums, use toilet paper! this sounds odd, but apply some toilet paper to the gums, covering as much as possible without covering the teeth. this also helps by drying up the gums so there's less saliva and the mouthpiece stays put better.

4) when you apply the gel, be sure there's none that's leaked out on the bottom of the mouthpiece that could burn the roof of the mouth or tongue

5) don't use the entire tube of gel for a session! doing so increases the likelihood that the gel will seep out and contact the gums.

6) we all want this whitening to be easy, but if you're serious about getting whiter teeth, sit still and close your mouth for the entire whitening time. moving around/constantly readjusting only makes things worse.

i hope this helps!

#2 2010-03-26 22:23:54

suckerforsure1

Re: HOW TO PREVENT GUM IRRITATION

sounds like good advise. Thanks.

#3 2010-03-30 11:41:11

MattHurst

Are there any special ways to clean the top of the tooth near the gumline then?  I'd hate to whiten my teeth only to keep stained the part of the tooth which is usually hardest to brush w/o irritating the gums more.

#4 2011-04-25 15:51:55

teethwhiteninguk

I was silly enough to buy these cheap mould-yourself gum trays which were a disaster! I would HIGHLY recommend you to get professional custom trays from your dentist. Mines set me back £95 which I think isn't too bad as they wont lead to gum irritation ... yes it happened to me when I was using a 35% carbamide peroxide whitening solution with those cheap self moulding trays, that was in my youth though.

I would definately recommend the Dr George's Dental White (16% carbamide peroxide), I went 8 shades whiter in just under 10 days. It's pretty much exactly the same stuff as your dentist will give you to take home, although the price certainly aint the same... you can pick up a starter pack for like £35... highly recommended for first time users. Although they provide you with those cheap self moulding trays, which are ok if you are only using a 16% carbamide solution as they wont irritate your gums as long as you dont go over 30mins per day. But like I said before, I would HIGHLY recommend getting your own custom made gum trays.

Steve

Last edited by teethwhiteninguk (2011-04-25 15:55:09)

#5 2012-02-02 16:25:01

MandyR

Instead of tp in your mouth you may try dental wax kids use for braces to cushion tender spots. I used it with my mouth banded shut after jaw surgery and it worked miracles. If you are using a tray you've formed not your dental practitioner it might just keep the bleach where you want it smile

#6 2012-02-02 16:29:21

MandyR

I meant to put a bit of wax on just after you've put the tray on.

#7 2013-10-12 16:36:48

Lilehham

Yes, good idea too.

...and how you will make if your computer stops badly ? any file::deleterunning.txt in this case... and the program will not be able to start never again.

Pages: 1  
Index » Over-the-Counter Whitening » HOW TO PREVENT GUM IRRITATION

Board footer

Home    Reviews/Ratings    Simulator    Articles    FAQ    Message Board    Advisory Board    About/Contact
© 2010 TeethWhiteningReviews.com. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.