Best whitener for the sides? - Teeth Whitening Message Board & Forums

You are Here: Home / Message Board / Over-the-Counter Whitening › Best whitener for the sides?

Best whitener for the sides?

You are not logged in to add a reply.

Pages: 1  

#1 2010-03-06 21:25:35

Best whitener for the sides?

On each side; my canine, first premoler, and second premoler are yellower than the rest of my teeth. My front four teeth are fairly white however. This is noticeable when I smile and I think it looks weird. I would much rather them all be the same shade. I had thought aquafresh white trays would help with this, though the tray do not fit well in my mouth. They are too small and move around. I'm only on day 2 but they seem to be making my teeth look blotchy instead of giving a uniform white. So say the least, I'm not impressed. Though I realized, even if they were a good fit they would not even out the shade on the sides because the front four teeth would always be a couple shades ahead. Does anyone have advice to correct this and give me a uniform white? Could I use whitestrips and just do an extra treatment on the sides. If so, which kind? I've never experimented with them so I don't know if that is possible... Look forward to some advice.

#2 2010-03-06 22:02:37

James
Administrator

Re: Best whitener for the sides?

Hi there,

Just so you are aware, the back teeth are typically more yellow then the front teeth. The canines are usually where you see the most yellowing. You will have issues with the over-the-counter whitening products as they typically do not cover all the teeth. The strips usually only cover the front 6 or so teeth. My recommendation is to get custom made bleaching trays at a local cosmetic dentist and have him give you some bleaching syringes. You will see amazing results in no time! Good luck!

#3 2010-03-08 16:50:03

Ok well I decided to finish the aquafresh trays. I WAS wearing them while in the shower and I found that the gel will stay in better if you are doing something sedentary like watching TV where you are not moving around as much. If after the 7 days, it doesn't work I will talk to my dentist about custom trays. I just wanted to avoid paying hundreds of dollars because I don't think my teeth are too bad. Still relatively white. Thanks for the advice.

#4 2010-03-11 23:57:53

James
Administrator

I totally understand, but believe me, a few hundred dollars is worth it. You won't have to waste time experimenting with other OTC products. I have tried them all, and would never go back to OTC. good luck!

#5 2010-03-30 12:08:06

MattHurst

Did you ever talk with your dentist?  I'd be interested to hear their recommendations about trays.

#6 2010-12-01 12:54:21

Canary

For anyone concerned with whitening the side teeth, I recommend getting a tube of the 5 minute speed whitening gel.  Apply it just to the yellower teeth 2 to 3 times a day for 30 minutes a shot. Give it a few weeks or couple of months until the color catches up to your front teeth.  Then continue weekly on all teeth. 

I've been cleaning my teeth with baking soda for the past 25 years.  It's cheap and it works better than any toothpaste at keeping teeth clean and white.  I use the 5 minute speed whitening gel twice a week and everyone asks me how my teeth are so white.  This in spite of being an avid tea drinker.

#7 2012-01-12 11:42:11

Katie

James, are you talking about LumaGloss? They provide a custom made tray and syringes so that you can do it at home. In my case, it worked great, I got results after 10 days so I recommend it to whoever is looking for an OTC whitening.

#8 2012-05-29 08:05:29

Marksteven
Website

Hello James can you please share the Whole procedure of the LumaGloss..
I hope i will get good help by this it will good to read your next post for the LumaGloss..

#9 2013-07-26 00:35:45

jessicasmith

Agree with Marksteven

Pages: 1  
Index » Over-the-Counter Whitening » Best whitener for the sides?

Board footer

Home    Reviews/Ratings    Simulator    Articles    FAQ    Message Board    Advisory Board    About/Contact
© 2010 TeethWhiteningReviews.com. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.